TeeRoy's 2 Cents:
- It really might be her "First and Last Tour."
- Keep your head up, Summer.
- Lots of performers struggle with anxiety and other demons that make it tough to perform.
- The shows she canceled include Portland, Salt Lake City, Pittsburgh, Orlando and Memphis.
- The show must go on.
- All of the canceled dates will be refunded.
- It's better to take it easy and avoid burning yourself out.
Summer Walker just scrapped a bunch of tour dates.
The singer has been public about her struggles with social anxiety during the run. She tweeted on Tuesday, “I want to continue to be healthy and to make music for y’all, so I have decided to cut down some of the dates on the tour. I’m grateful for every single one of you. I hope that you understand.”
Walker’s team has confirmed that eight dates remain on the schedule, even though her Facebook page lists 28 shows.
Summer Walker's updated tour schedule:
- Nov. 25 - Toronto - Rebel Nightclub
- Nov. 26 - Chicago - Riviera Theatre
- Nov. 27 - Royal Oak - Royal Oak Music Theatre
- Dec. 2 - Boston - House of Blues
- Dec. 5 - Philadelphia - Franklin Music Hall
- Dec. 7 - NYC - Terminal 5
- Dec. 8 - NYC - Terminal 5
- Dec. 22 - Atlanta - Coca-Cola Roxy