Though many are taking advantage of #EarlyVoting some are still waiting to cast in their vote on #ElectionDay November 6th and others are still on the fence about who they will actually be voting for. One of the hot button topics of course is the gubernatorial race. With more than 4 other candidates hoping to be the next Governor of Florida, there are two candidates that everyone is talking about on eof which being current mayor of Tallahassee Andrew Gillum. Find out why Mayor Gillum says he's living his best life and most importantly why Florida Voters should vote for him.
Few things on the ballot that you should know about next to our candidates-are 'The Amendments.' Florida voters will decide on 12 state constitutional amendments this year, which are the following;
- Amendment 1 - Increased Homestead Property Tax Exemption
- Amendment 2 - Limitations on Property Tax Assessments for Non homestead Property
- Amendment 3 - Voter Control of Gambling in Florida
- Amendment 4 - Voting Restoration Amendment
- Amendment 5 - Supermajority Vote Required to Impose, Authorize, or Raise State Taxes or Fees
- Amendment 6 - Rights of Crime Victims; Judges
- Amendment 7 - First Responder and Military Member Survivor Benefits; Public Colleges and Universities
- Amendment 8 - This amendment was removed by the Florida Supreme Court - will not appear on ballot
- Amendment 9 - Prohibits Offshore Oil and Gas Drilling; Prohibits Vaping in Enclosed Indoor Workplaces
- Amendment 10 - State and Local Government Structure and Operation
- Amendment 11 - Property Rights; Removal of Obsolete Provision; Criminal Statutes
- Amendment 12 - Lobbying and Abuse of Office by Public Officers
- Amendment 13 - Dog Racing
Need more help understanding what you are voting? Check out our Amendment Breakdown- with high school student Maddy-League of Women Voters of Broward County.