Primary Elections are literally right around the corner- like tomorrow! Tuesday August 29th, 2018 from 7AM-7PM the polls will be open in Florida. However just in case you you really don't know what is going to be on the ballot- check out the sample ballot before actually going to the polls. Broward Sample Ballot- (scroll down for more sample ballots)
What To Bring To The Polls:
you will be asked to provide at the polls a valid photo ID with signature. Any one of the following photo IDs will be accepted:
- Florida driver’s license
- Florida identification card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
- United States passport
- Debit or credit card
- Military identificationStudent identificationRetirement center identification
- Neighborhood association identification
- Public assistance identification
- Veteran health identification card issued by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs
- License to carry a concealed weapon or firearm issued pursuant to s. 790.06
- Employee identification card issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the Federal Government, the state, a county, or a municipality.
If your photo ID does not include your signature, you will be asked to provide another ID that has your signature.
Check Your Voting Status- Click Here
Know Where Your Polling Prentice Is- Click Here Your County
Florida is a 'Closed Primary' state- what does that mean? Pretty much you have to be affiliated with a political party (Demarcate or Republican in this case) to be able to vote for certain candidates come the general elections in November- this also includes voting for the commander in chief-president come November.
closed primary. A type of direct primary limited to registered party members, who must declare their party affiliation in order to vote. The closed primary serves to encourage party unity and prevent members of other parties from infiltrating and voting to nominate weak candidates. -dictionary.com