Yesterday, Florida Gov. Rick Scott announced that he will be assisting Puerto Rico, by declaring a state of emergency.
I’m declaring a State of Emergency in all FL counties in support of Puerto Rico following Hurricane Maria: https://t.co/3pSWuYszX1— Rick Scott (@FLGovScott) October 2, 2017
WHAT WILL THIS DO?
- The State of Emergency will assist incoming evacuees who were displaced after Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico.
- The declaration will provide resources and assistance needed to accommodate families impacted by the storm.
- Relief centers have been opened and state colleges and universities have agreed to waive fees and tuition for students from the island.
- The first plane from Puerto Rico is expected to arrive Tuesday morning.
- Officials expect at least 100,000 people. (www.weatherchannel.com)