YEP... It's That Time Again!!!
South Floridians can take advantage of the Back To School sales tax holiday this weekend, running Friday through Sunday.
During the tax break, school supplies, electronics, clothing and other accessories will be free of all sales tax. Floridians can take advantage of:
- Clothing, footwear, wallets, and bags worth up to $60 per item = TAX FREE
- Personal computers and accessories worth $750 or less = TAX FREE
- School supplies valued at $15 or less per item = TAX FREE
- This includes, but isn't limited to, erasers, crayons, notebooks, folders, poster boards, binders, lunch boxes and other supplies
In Miami-Dade, the tax holiday means savings of 7 percent. In Broward, the savings is 6 percent.
Online purchases also qualify if ordered during the tax-free holiday for delivery, even if they arrive after. So do lay-away items.
Still, there are some items not included that you might want to be aware of:
- Most athletic equipment and gear
- Printer and computer paper
- Cell phones
- Clothing alterations
- Duffel bags and luggage
- Surge protectors
- Gaming systems
- MP3 players
- Standalone fax machines
Furthermore, when it comes to Buy One, Get One Free items, the prices can’t be averaged to qualify. Each individual item has to fall below the required price limit.
The tax-free period began 12:01 a.m. Aug. 4 and runs through 11:59 p.m. on Aug. 6.
Special thanks to WIOD Jessi Minneci for the info!