Parents Beware of One Chip Challenge

The creators of the Paqui One Chip Challenge tortilla snacks have removed their products from store shelves after a Massachusetts boy died attempting a social media challenge.

Harris Wolobah tried the Paqui One Chip Challenge at school and immediately complained of abdominal pain, his mother. His family picked him up from school and took him home. He initially said he felt better, but his condition quickly deteriorated. Harris was rushed to a nearby hospital and pronounced dead.

The “One Chip Challenge” tests how long a person can go without drinking water or a beverage after eating one Paqui tortilla chip.

The company said their One Chip products were intended for adults only and were not intended for children, pregnant women, anyone with allergies to spicy ingredients.

“We have seen an increase in teens and other individuals not heeding these warnings,” the company said on its website. “As a result, while the product continues to adhere to food safety standards, out of an abundance of caution, we are actively working with our retailers to remove the product from shelves.”

Be aware, communicate, and stay connected with the youth.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content